HOW TO BECOME AN APPROVED SUPPLIER
May apply for enrollment, in the manner and in the form specified in the regulation of the Register, those Companies:
1. That produce one or more of the following raw materials and equipment:
- flour: soft wheat flour;
- fresh tomatoes: "S. Marzano dell‚Agro Sarnese-nocerino", tomatoes of Corbara ("Corbarino"), DOP tomatoes Piennolo of Vesuvius;
- peeled tomatoes: peeled tomatoes "S. Marzano dell‚Agro Sarnese-Nocerino" DOP, fresh tomatoes or industrial tomato for peeled tomatoes of the "long-shaped tomato of Roma type"; tomatoes of Corbara ("Corbarino");
- mozzarella: Buffalo mozzarella of Campania DOP, mozzarella STG;
- fior di latte: fiordilatte of Southern Apennines DOP, other fiordilatte certificated; - extra-virgin olive oil;
- extra-virgin olive oil;
- food products used for neapolitan pizza toppings;
- dough mixers;
- accessories and tools;
- other equipment and innovative technologies.
2. that are in possession of the following administrative requirements:
- membership of a Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Agriculture and Handicrafts or a similar document of the country the Company belongs to;
- certification and /or appropriate documentation that allow traceability of the product (that is, to locate and identify all stages of production / processing of the product itself);
- certifications and / or documentation issued by the competent authorities to certify the approval of the product as a PDO (DOP), STG or typical (if required);
- certification and /or appropriate documentation to demonstrate the successful application of self-control and food hygiene system (HACCP - Hazard analysis and critical control points) in all phases of production and distribution to the delivery of meals to the manufacturer;
- compliance with legislation governing the sale of products and sanitation, worker safety in the workplace, social security contributions.
3. whose products meet the quality standards set by the Department of Food Science, Faculty of Agriculture of the University "Federico II" of Naples. The Department after reviewing the products and certifications, will issue an advisory opinion.
The Department after reviewing the products and certifications, will issue an advisory opinion.
Those companies that, at the discretion of the AVPN and following the audit made by the Department of Food Science, Faculty of Agriculture of the University "Federico II" of Naples or by a technician entrusted by the Association, comply with requirements listed above and to the characteristics described in the International Regulations to obtain the international collective brand mark "True Neapolitan Pizza" ("Vera Pizza Napoletana") owned by the AVPN, will be enrolled at the Register of Approved Suppliers of the "True Neapolitan Pizza".
Following the registration, the Company is permitted to use - as specified in the regulation of the Register - the brand "Approved Supplier of the True Neapolitan Pizza" ("Fornitore ufficiale della Vera Pizza Napoletana"), owned by the AVPN.
The brand and the Register of the Suppliers will be spread and developed by the AVPN through marketing activities and communication (promotion, events, publications, media relations, etc..) both in Italy and abroad. To support these actions, the AVPN will require from the Companies a participation fee. This amount, determined by the managers of the AVPN, will take into account the preferences expressed by the Company and the size, geographical and specific sector of its activities.
The Register of the Approved Suppliers of the "True Neapolitan Pizza" ("Vera Pizza Napoletana") is valid internationally.
Download the official suppliers regulation
Download technical parameters